Independent Consultant 1997 – 2008
Provided consulting services to Fidelity, IBM, Boston Scientific, Lotus, and Digital Equipment Corporation. Responsibilities included project planning, business analysis, writing, testing, and training. Systems projects spanned the entire systems life cycle, with a focus on human resource, stock option, financial, and sales systems. Assignments have included:
Fidelity Investments – Merrimack, NH
- Analyzed HR vendor expenses and HR outsourcing client revenue of $50 million, identifying $1 million in added potential revenue and process improvements.
- Created Health and Welfare system product guides, facilitating cross-organizational review.
- Created and maintained Health and Welfare and Defined Contribution communications to participants, managing the review and approval process.
- Implemented annual enrollment benefits changes to Personal Fact Sheets and Confirmation Statements; tested literature and worked with technical and client teams to resolve issues.
- Wrote systems requirements for scrubbing data used in meeting HIPAA requirements; created project plan, wrote test plan, tested functionality, and trained teams.
IBM Corporation – Westford, MA
- Created testing matrices for end-to-end worldwide testing of quote and order transactions on web-based customer and business partner sales systems with an SAP back end.
- Wrote detailed scenarios, performed testing, working with team to resolve problems.
Boston Scientific – Natick, MA
- Chaired international HR rollout meetings and provided project planning and testing for the implementation of a web-based stock option system with a PeopleSoft backend.
Lotus Development Corporation – Cambridge, MA
- Provided project planning for integration of Lotus and IBM financial systems during merger; analyzed web-based IBM requisitioning and SAP purchasing systems and migrated requisitions and purchase orders.
Digital Equipment Corp. – Maynard, MA
- Defined worldwide contingent workforce requisitioning, sourcing, invoicing, and supplier relations processes; analyzed system requirements and defined process improvements.
SAP America, Inc. – Waltham, MA 1996 – 1997
Applications Consultant / Trainer
Consulted with clients to configure systems for implementation of SAP HR. Delivered training at SAP and customer sites nationwide (10 – 20 participants) on Employee Data, Time Management, Benefits, Security, Training, Organizational Management, and Recruitment.
Polaroid Corporation – Cambridge, MA 1987 – 1995
Reporting to the HR Director for Worldwide Manufacturing (8,000 employees worldwide), managed a variety of special projects including meeting planning, strategic planning, succession planning, staffing, executive compensation, and pay/policy issues. Planned business meetings for the Human Resources Department (a 90-member organization). Worked closely with corporate executives.
Compensation and Benefits Manager
Managed a staff engaged in compensation and benefits administration for 25% of Polaroid’s domestic employee population. Provided pay analysis and guidance to directors and managers.
Operations Manager, HR Systems
Managed operations and PC hardware/software support for HR. Directed activities of programmer/analysts. Maintained server and network accessibility for 100 users. Responsible for system maintenance, hardware/system software upgrades, telecommunications, and hotline support.
Senior Information Systems Analyst, HR Systems
Analyzed, designed, and documented HR systems and trained users. Managed programmers in implementation of STD, COBRA, New Hire, and Severance systems.
Wang Laboratories, Inc. – Lowell, MA 1984 – 1987
Senior Information Systems Analyst
Developed and presented a course for an application development tool using relational database technology. Developed training for senior HR staff on Executive Information System (EIS), used for extensive and flexible reporting of employee demographic information.